|“||Born to die, but not before them!||”|
– Spearton, Stick Empires
The Spearton are defence-based soldiers that originate from the country of Spearton, though later came to the aid of the Order. During the original game, the Spearton came to supersede the Swordwrath as a close-quarters unit, being more durable and prepared for combat than the skimpily clad swordsmen.
Though a better fighter, the Spearton still suffered from a high cost, long training time, and mediocre strength. Many noted the Spearton as a useful 'meat-shield' or tank, including the creator of the series himself.They are followers of the 'Way of the Spear'.
Spearton are generally black stick figures adorning heavy sets of armor and a large amount of equipment. Luckily, however, their strength allows for these units to hold their large array of weapons easily, allowing the Speartons to participate in combat.
Spearton carry heavy armor, depicted as bulky and buff in almost every position. Covering it's thin eyes is a bronze helmet, equipped with cheek-plates and a horsehair mohawk.
In the Spearton's right hand is an apsis, or a hoplon shield, put together in three layers: the center layer made of a thick wood, the outside layer facing the enemy made of bronze, and leather making up the inside of the shield. If a Spearton is not in active combat, the shield sits at the unit's side while standing, walking, or running. Once engaged, however, the shield will pull itself in-front of the wielder, protecting it from attack.
In the Spearton's left hand is a spear called a javelin, a throwing weapon used to disorient or puncture an opponent. If a Spearton is not in active combat, the Spearton will hold the spear casually while standing, walking, or running. Once engaged, however, the spear will be tucked just to the left of the now front-facing shield, making for a tight defensive wall.
- At the end of Stick War: Legacy upon weakening the boss, a lone Spearton darts towards the giant shouting " I will end this, for the Order Empire!" before being picked up by the wounded creature. The user must tap the screen (in real-life, accompanied by the word 'tap' on the screen in front of them) repeatedly, until the Spearton finally shoves his spear into the giant's eye, killing him immediately.
- Speartons do not use short swords in Stick wars 2, this was most likely done to avoid confusion with swordwrath.
- Speartons are some of the few races to have a voice actor, as seen in the animations known as: "Kill the spartan"
- A series of animations known as "kill the spartan" depict action scenes during the battle between order and speartons. Clearly this was one of the harshest battles during the conquest of Inamorta.
- In Stick War Legacy edition NPC speartons can't throw spear without spells, but however if the player throws a spear, it will do massive damage, enough to deplete and un-upgraded giant's half health.
- Speartons are the only units that can block and move at the same time, excluding swordwrath from Stick War Legacy edition.
- In Stick War 2, Speartons will yell "Speartons, HOLD!" when blocking.
- If clearly noticed, speartons hold shields on both hands. The spearton on the opening screen of Stick War 2 and the speartons fighting from right side hold shield in their left hand, while speartons fighting from left side hold it in their right hand. This applies for all Stick War versions. It is most probably to show the shield of the Speartons.